Tuesday, October 1, 2013

jacquie's cafe

One of my best friends, Emily, has recommended that I write a review a week on a new restaurant, venue, store, etc. that I try in Indianapolis.  I guess she's trying to help me not let my life become boring.

So, here it goes.  As you might have guessed based on the two-year gap since my last post, I am not very good at keeping up a blog.  If at first you don't succeed, try, try again, right?

The restaurant I will review this week (before I start on my many catch-up reviews) is called Jacquie's.  Emily and I went to the Broad Ripple Farmer's Market--which had an amazing selection of goodies, particularly the crepes--and happened to try some free pesto samples at the Jacquie's booth.  We actually tried samples at every both possible.  At least once.  Anyways, we were simply blown away by the variety of tantalizing pestos Jacquie's produces.  When the saleswoman told us that they had a cafe in addition to catering (which would be ah-mazing for a wedding), we were sold.

The atmosphere of the cafe was nothing super extraordinary, but I was impressed that they had magazines for people to browse while waiting instead of becoming absorbed in their technology.  I ordered the lemon ricotta pancakes, and my roommate ordered the eggs benedict.  We split them in half to have a sampling of each.  The pancakes, with their contrast of sweet, tang, and savory, were absolutely delicious!  The eggs benedict were also quite heavenly, and the rosemary potatoes were cooked to perfection.  Topping it off with a cup of creamy hot chocolate, we were very satisfied with our excursion.  Next time I go, I will be sure to try one of the many baked goods from their display case and possibly the quiche or crepe of the day.

Overall, the portions were relatively small for the prices, but we were not disappointed in the least.

No comments:

Post a Comment